Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions on our motorhome hire

Can I drive a motorhome on a standard licence?
Yes, all our motorhomes have a MAM (maximum authorised mass) of 3500kg or less, so you can drive on a standard UK licence. You must be between 23 and 70 and have held a full UK or EU licence for at least 2 years to meet our insurance requirements.

Do I need to get insurance?
Fully comprehensive vehicle insurance is included within the price (subject to age restrictions & how many penalty points you have)

Do i need travel insurance
Protecting against unforeseen circumstances
We would highly recommend that you have some form of travel insurance once you have booked your Motorhome! Travel Insurance may be able to protect you against a range of unforeseen circumstances that can negatively impact your holiday – from losing valuables to medical emergencies.

Why do you need my driver information?
We provide insurance as part of your hire package and need to verify that you are eligible for this insurance.

What if I have points on my licence?
For speeding points, in many cases we can still provide insurance, but a higher insurance excess may be required. It’s important to let us know when you book so we can check with our insurers.

Can I take a motorhome outside the UK?
At present we are not allowing our motorhomes to be taken outside the UK. We will keep this under review based on the latest government advice.

What time can I collect the motorhome?
Our standard collection time is 15:00.

When do I need to return the motorhome?
Our standard return time is between 09:30 and 10:30 on the final day of your hire.

Can I leave my car with you?
Free secure internal on-site storage is available for your own personal vehicle.

What ID do I need when I collect?
All drivers must be present when you collect and bring their original photo driving licence (for non-photos licences, another form of photo ID is also required). You will also need 2 separate forms of proof of address.

Does the motorhomes have a toilet and shower?
Yes, all our motorhomes have a bathroom with toilet and shower

Does the motorhome have a kitchen?
Yes, all our motorhomes have kitchen areas, please look at the individual motorhome descriptions for details of appliances.

Does the motorhome have a bike rack?

What do I need to bring with me?
Our motorhomes are well equipped but don’t include bedding and towels in all of our vehicles (please ask), so please bring these with you.

What is the registration of the motorhome?
Click on ‘reservation receipt’ in your confirmation email and you will find the vehicle registration in the ‘rental’ section.

How long is the motorhome?
Click on ‘reservation receipt’ in your confirmation email and you will find the vehicle length in the ‘rental’ section. You can also find this in the ‘our motorhomes’ pages of our website

What is the security deposit?
The security deposit will be £2000 for the Autoroller 707 & 746 & £3,500 for the Adria Matrix Supreme models. As long as there are no issues when you return the motorhome, this is fully refundable.

Do I need to clean the motorhome?
Yes, please return the motorhome in the same clean condition you collected it in. Also, please make sure you have emptied the toilet cassette and waste tank.
Failure to undertake this will incur penalty charges as per our terms and conditions.

Do I need a pitch with electric hook up?
All our motorhomes have a ‘leisure battery’ which can run the electrical systems, typically for 1 or 2 nights without ‘hooking up’ to an electricity supply, all of our vehicles also have solar power. How long it lasts will depend on how much you use electrical appliances and lights. The leisure battery also gets recharged as you drive.

Do I need a pitch with water?
All our motorhomes have on-board water and waste tanks so this isn’t essential. Just remember to fill the water tank when you arrive on site.

Is there gas in the motorhome?
All our motorhomes have Calor gas (propane) bottles to run the gas appliances.

Will there be fuel in the motorhome?
We operate a full-to-full fuel policy; the motorhome will be supplied with a full tank of fuel, please return it full.
Failure to undertake this will incur penalty charges as per our terms and conditions.

What is your mileage allowance?
Mileage of up to 1500 miles per week is included as standard.

What payment methods do you take?
At Nomad Motorhome Hire Ltd we want to make your experience as good as possible. You can use any of the following payment options:

Helpful Guides

Setting Up

Setting Off